Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer of the Sun

I'm behind in posting again. We've been enjoying our summer and staying very active. Last week, my daughter decided we needed a new holiday. She dubbed it "Summer of the Sun". She made cards for us all and we made cards for her. She wore her yellow sun dress. 

What does this have to do with food? Well, like her mama, she has realized that no holiday is complete without some special food. She created her own recipe to celebrate her holiday. 

Voila! We have Sun Dip. 


In case you can't read that, I'll translate: 

8 Strawberries
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 cup of brown sugar

Yes, it's pretty darned sweet, but I let her do it. She even illustrated it, for heaven's sake. Plus, I remember how much fun I had when my grandmother let me make my very own recipe. I called it "Noodles". I think I was probably 4 years old. I used flour, brown sugar and either water or milk. I mushed it into a dough, cut it into pieces and baked it. I was so proud! I still remember putting a few pieces next to my grandfather's plate and him just munching them up like they were the best things he'd ever eaten. 

I think sweetPea was just as proud of her holiday and her special dessert. She served her dip with blackberries, clementine sections and cantaloupe. She prepared all of it but the cantaloupe. 





No comments:

Post a Comment