Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Starry Night: #10


This one was made yesterday. It has Forbidden rice (bought from Whole Foods) with jicama stars and moon on the right; strawberries, red grapes, carrot, & jicama stars on the left.

This was the first time I took the photo outside. It made a huge difference in how the jicama looks. See? It really is white and not yellow. Now if only I'd framed it correctly. Oh, well. Baby steps.

The Verdict: She said the rice was a little dry so she added milk. Then it tasted "just like rice pudding." She ate every bite of this bento. I think there were a few black rice bits on the lid, but that was about it.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute bento! I love the look of the rice with the jicama :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenn! I think taking it outside to photograph the box helped a lot. The natural light let the white look white rather than yellowish. This was a fun one to make. :)

    ReplyDelete